Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Teaser Chapter 8: The Taste of Blood

This is a little teaser for the next chapter. Hopefully it will be up within the next few days.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It took me out of Hollywood and into Beverly Hills. Once they got out of the cab I asked the driver to hang back for a little while. I waited ten minutes and then made my way up the long drive. My heart was beating out of my chest because I had no idea what I was getting myself into.

I passed two people on the way up. They were aboriginal and were wearing matching clothes. They eyed me as I passed them but didn’t say a word. Their eyes appeared to be glowing like an animals in the night.

I breathed in deeply smelling the warm air. It smelled salty like the ocean.

I looked away from them and made my way up towards the house. Although I was scared I still had that high feeling I had the night after Bella had bitten me. It made me feel brave in a weird kind of way.

I got up to the door and opened it without knocking. I walked in passed the front entrance way and to the edge of the foyer where I had a clear view of the kitchen and living room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's not much but it's something. Hope you all liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment