Sunday, December 20, 2009

I'm having one of those nights

I have no idea who to talk to about this.

I want a boyfriend and apparently the only way to get one is to change.

But in my mind to lie about who I am is only going to end up in heartache and a break up.

I am up front and assertive. Is that a bad thing?

I ask questions. Is this a bad thing?

I'm mean looking and cold but it's just who I am.

I don't want to conform to peoples ideas of socially acceptable behavior so that I can get a guy to like me.

Does that make me stupid?

Do I deserve to be alone? Maybe I do.

I just don't understand. Isn't that the point of being with someone? Them loving you for exactly who you are.

It just seems weird to censor myself.

When I meet people for the first time I'm not asking them if their parents beat them or anything. I just want to know the things that they like.

What am I doing wrong?

I learned to never drink with my dad again.

Conversations like this make me feel worse, like I am too weak of a person to change and the reason that no one wants me is my fault. Which in a way I guess it is.

Does it occur to anyone that things don't happen the same for everyone? That love isn't made for everyone. That I will be alone for the rest of my life because I decided to be who I was.

I don't want someone who is perfect. I am not looking for perfection. I am just looking for someone that likes me for me. That likes that I like what I like and that I am who I am. I just want to date someone that is passionate about something and that is okay looking. I'm not going to lie, I want someone okay looking.

My eyes hurt from crying. I shouldn't be writing this stupid fucking blog.

2 comments:

  1. I am writing a response to this in my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I kept a journal, you could have copied this word for word from there. All the time I'm told by friends that I should "tone down" who I am because I'm intimidating and scare guys off because I'm smart and honest and independent (um, when did these qualities become a bad thing?). Don't change who you are for anyone. Maybe we scare people off, but I like to think of it as weeding out the losers. If you don't like me at first, you sure as hell won't like me once you get to know me. It's frustrating, I know, but when you find someone who gets you and really accepts you for you, it will all be worth it. Love you, and Merry Christmas!
    xo
    Ari

    ReplyDelete